Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Beginning..............

well, here i am. one week after moving my entire family to a major seminary in Texas, i sit at my pc wondering......wondering what the future holds, what am i going to o for a "living", how am i going to pay for grad school-lol, etc. but really a larger question looms in my thoughts, as i look out the window of my humble apartment on campus, i see lots of kids playing as if they not a care in the world, much different than the kids i have seen before. i see my neighbors (we live in a huge townhouse complex on campus) they are smiling, loving life! the questions looming for me, is, what am i so apprehensive about? why am i so hesitant to "enjoy" this new lifestyle. i mean, we have seen economically scarce times before, is it the lack of financial resources that bother me? i don't think so.

i think, that after 8 years of running, and especially a last year of pure desperation, i am finally Home! this is where i was meant to be, this is the place God offered me many years ago, and i went the road more traveled instead. This Blog will be the beginning of a long journey for me, as i journey i will be sharing different parts of what brings me here, so this will read much like a great movie that plays back and forth in the present and past of the main character(s)

Also i want this to be the beginning of a work i am here to do, to become a mentor and leader of youth ministers, to help cultivate the next generation of YM's that will themselves become students of the Lord Jesus. hopefully, there will be many great minds, from many different arenas that will join this conversation, and i welcome and look forward to all those who like myself, have dedicated their lives to making the lives of teens all that God wants them to be.............. welcome to the YM Maven

1 comment:

Moderator said...

I look forward to the journey with you, and from this distant place in Georgia, sound out prayer(s)to heaven for you.
Because God accepted me, I fell into his circle of influence. And because you accept students, as they are, and see the imago dei (even broken and fragmeneted), they will fall into the circle of your influence as well.