Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Greatest Fear

Ok, so I am a horrible Blogger I guess. It has been like 6 months since my last post. There is no way I can catch up on all that....so. I will just start here I guess. I have decided to use this as personal therapy, maybe even accountability, so here goes.My greatest fear is being "insignificant" that’s right, I do not want to get to the end of life and be known as someone who did not contribute to this world. For so many years my "significance" was what I did, YM. My whole image was caught up in that. When that was "gone" who was I?

Well, that's the million dollar question for us all now isn't it? Who are you? I am discovering the answer to this daily, and I'm not sure if it's a question that can be answered simply, however there is a simple beginning to the answer..... Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Simply stated we are Imago Dei- the image of God! Before we are anything else...we are his image in a broken and fallen world. So here's the beginning of my answer, How am I significant? When I represent the Image of God to my wife, my children, my friends, my co-workers, my community, my world!

No comments: