Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Scratching the Itch

Have you ever been restless? I have! Every time I have ever felt restless I always assumed it was because God was "moving" me somewhere. That it was time to polish up the ole resume and start house shopping. I was reading 1 Timothy 3:14 and noticed something, Paul was restless. His heart yearned to go and see what God was doing, but he stayed where he was. I have realized this week what a great blessing longevity in ministry can be. To date 4 1/2 years is the longest run I've had. I don't doubt that my intent was to stay and I also trust that everything happened the way God wanted, but in this season of life and
Ministry I see the value of going the distance, staying put, but not "settling". This restless feeling, I have come to learn may very well be God showing new things he wants for my current location, not for me to move to a NEW location. Often it's easier to move and start over, but I believe that restless feeling may just be something new God is going to do right where I am both in ME and in ministry. Can't wait for the next chapter...

No comments: