Wednesday, October 8, 2008

To Be or Not to Be?--That really isn't the question


I have had my share of ups and downs! The last 8 months of my life has "seemed" like a down, but upon a deeper look, it has and continues to be the most "up" time of my life. After you drag through a desert for a while, a trickle of water can be mighty refreshing.

I have those very "small" (as If a moment with God is ever small) moments with God that seem inconsequential, minuet, and even arbitrary at times. But as I reflected today, God has been pumping new life into my old bones. As I reflected on Jeremiah's prophecy, I realized that even a little bit of breath is better than none at all. God has surrounded with me people lately that have breathed those "small" breaths, He has given me those "small" 'revelations', those "small" victories. As I stand on the other side of the stream from the desert journey I just emerged from, I see SEVERAL sets of footsteps, all leading down to that one stream, all crossing it together, and now as I bend to drink from the deep waters of the spring of life, I am more alive than ever. My old "dry ones" are up and moving, full of life, I am not a "human-doing" anymore, I am once again a Human-Being!

"Praise you Oh Lord for your faithfulness, your mercies are new every morning, as the deer craves for water so too does my soul, Lord Jesus, you have given me water that I may never thirst again, I pray I never drink from another well but yours my savior, friend, and Lord! Finally, I can BE again, I am done 'doing'!! I Love you Oh Lord!--Amen, and Amen"

No comments: