Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A voice that thunders is as quiet as a whisper

In my journey of faith I have spent my fair share of time "begging" God for an answer to something. Recently as I have been on a new search for purpose and meaning personally I have on more than one occasion asked "what now God?"
You see a life after "burnout" is certainly full of challenges. Yep, that's right, I'm a statistic too. After 13 years of great ministry and service to teenagers I got comfortable, let me guard down, and put my relationship with God on the proverbial back-burner. It cost me my job, my house, my friends, and almost my family. (Praise the Lord he kept us safe from infidelity) None the less though, it cost us greatly.
So now what? Are you done with me God? Am I a has been? washed up? well, no!

I have been asking "now what?" for a while and God "hasn't answered". Or has he? I still have my wife and kids, he has provided for me to go to school and finish my seminary education, giving me new friends, and most of all I still have him!
I have been asking what now, he has been saying, "I'm here!" what I am realizing, is that God is not really concerned with my future career plans, he is much more concerned with my daily soul plans and when I fully rest in that "small still voice" that thunders "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Then and only then will I truly hear His voice

No comments: