Friday, July 13, 2012

L'amour de Dieu, les gens aiment

It's amazing how easy it is to love people when I travel abroad. Kids in slums, girls being sold like objects in market, 3rd world poverty and any other obstacle you can think of. But I observed in my own heart this week that loving the people of Haiti was easy. It's the people I will sit next to on flights today and tomorrow. It's the lady at the store back home who is super slow checking out my buggy full of food that I will hard time loving; the guy parked "to close" to my large SUV when I go to put the groceries in to go home to my comfortable home where I will have a hard time loving my neighbor who usually cranks his loud truck WAY earlier than I want to get up.... You get what I'm saying. As I leave Haiti today, the prayer in my heart is that I will Love God and Love People. All people!!!

No comments: